Needless to say, it has been more than hectic around here. Sometimes there are certain things that just have to get pushed to the back burner for a while and that's exactly where my blogging has been lately. I am also making no promises of keeping it up regularly as of yet. I will do the best I can. Thanks for the patience.
Yesterday, we started back to school after the break. I started my oldest on a writing program that I have had up on the shelf for a while. It was a used book sale find for about 20 dollars. The lady informed me that it is a very good program and she paid hundreds for it. So, it has been taking up shelf space until I could find the time to really check it out. And to be honest, until I became interested in putting one of my children on a writing program of some sort.
It is called "The Institute for Excellence in Writing" and contains about 10 videos, an instruction booklet, and a student notebook. I decided to watch the first video and read the instructions for lesson 1. The program is based on the same learning style Benjamin Franklin used in that the student looks at a piece of written work, writes out an outline for it, and then tries to rewrite the piece on their own. It does look promising and I hope it is just what my son needs.
We also started reading about Harriet Beacher Stowe today. I only had one child nodding off some! Hopefully they get interested as the book goes on. If not, then I guess we'll just find another one.
So, life as usual. We are all healthy, thank the Lord. And we have much to be thankful for.
God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment