Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Future...

Things are still more than crazy here, but I wanted to give an update for those of you who still actually visit this site ;) Steven started a new job yesterday(so things are already better for me, ha, ha!) as a mechanic that does just about anything needed doing. He was so excited. He is not a person who does well sitting around at home. And I have my home back to myself again. The future plans for me are this: I am working really hard to get the kids ready to go into the small public school in the area. This was not my first choice, but I think it is best for everyone. They will start in the fall. I will going back to school, Lord willing. I always leave that up in the air because it seems many times, things just don't work out for me to be able to go. I enjoy school very much, but I will admit, I am not sure I am going to enjoy being around those "wonderful" teenagers again! I don't do foolishness very well. In any case, that is the plan. So, if you have an extra moment during your prayers, please include us.

Now for some fun news- we all went camping this past Friday and Saturday at the San Angelo state park. It was quite an exciting adventure! When we arrived, we were informed that the information on the internet was not correct and there would be no microwave in the cabin. Also, no fires of any kind were allowed! They are on a very, very strict burn ban. So our first question was, What are we going to eat?! We didn't worry too much about it right then and decided to go check out the lake. Another surprise- when they say the lake is low, they mean the lake is low! We were able to walk down the boat ramp, into the area that should have been covered with water, about 150 to 250 feet away from the boat ramp to get to any water. The good news was that the fish just had nowhere to go, so we caught plenty! This was the first time we actually caught any fish since we started taking the kids camping(unless you include the little five inch thing we caught once before!). I still have not come across my camera since coming back(I haven't looked very hard). As soon as I do, I will try to get some pics on here.

Hope everyone is well and God bless!

No comments: