Tuesday, August 26, 2008

let's begin again...

I have been away for a while, but Lord willing, things will go more smoothly here on out.

The verse I have placed at the top of this blog page reminds me each time I read it that God has given me one purpose. I am to teach others and show others His grace by the way I live. There is no greater thing I can do than to guide someone to the Lord through His word. And when I get to heaven I will be richly rewarded, though I believe the rewards of having another brother or sister in Christ while on this earth are great indeed.

This verse and this purpose from God hits me the hardest when I think on my children. I have four souls that I am responsible for. It is my job to guide them in the right direction. So many, many times a day, I get lost in the needs and cares of this world and forget that main purpose. It truly does make me sad when I realize I have missed a moment or opportunity to guide simply because I am too busy just living.

It is not hard to get caught up in this world and the foolish things around me. It is especially easy to do this when there is so much foolishness and the things of God are a little more scarce to see. I believe this is one reason I must try to stand firm. So my children will know that it is not easy, but is well worth the effort. I pray that those of you who read the verse above will receive encouragement. Don't lose sight of what is most important. Life is too short and those moments don't come again.

May God bless you.

No comments: