I love to read. So I've decided to make Wednesday's my book of the week day. Each wednesday I will post about a book that I have read either to my children or just for my own enjoyment.
The Quiltmakers Gift by Jeff Brumbeau is the book I have chosen today. I read this before bed a few nights ago to my youngest daughter. We both enjoyed this book. It is about an old lady who stays on top of her mountain making quilts for the poor and when she finishes, she brings them down and hands them out herself. There is a very greedy king in the story who is, of course, unhappy even with all the things he owns. He decided he wants a quilt but the old lady tells him he cannot have one because he is not poor. He must decide how badly he wants this quilt and what he is willing to do to get it. It is a very cute story and basically tells the old true teaching that "giving to others will bring joy."
2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grugdingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
No comments:
Post a Comment