I sat down this evening to work on some sewing projects and decided I would start making some baby bibs to sell. I pulled out my patterns and got busy.
Adara, my 9 year old daughter, came into the room, and being the crafty little one she is, immediately started working on copying a pattern for herself. I showed her how to pin the pattern to the material and then cut it out. She listened and followed directions quite well. When it came time to sew the pattern she cut out, she asked eagerly if she could do it herself. She informed me that this bib was going to be for the new cousin she is expecting.
I told her sure and proceeded to guide her through sewing this wonderful gift. She had to do some seam ripping, and re-sewing, but in the end she did a beautiful job. When she finished, she made the comment that it wasn't very good, and I immediately told her she had done a lovely job and Aunt Leslie would be thrilled to have the bib, knowing it was made by her. She was very proud. And to be honest, so am I.
I will not even mention the times that I feel as if my children are just getting shoved aside due to other daily duties. I go through times when I think they just must not be learning anything. And then these moments come up and I am reminded again that my children are learning the most valuable lesson there is. Each one is spending their day helping their family. Each one is learning that there is nothing more important in this life than knowing and honoring their Heavenly Father. Each one is learning how to be the person God wants them to grow up to be.
In this day and age, it is extremely easy to get caught up in the world and lose sight of what life is truly about. I thank God for these precious moments that remind me of Him and allow me to see the rewards of following His Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment