I know I am not the only one that has these days. I went to Walgreens today to get my printer cartridge filled for free(there was a coupon for today and I made a special trip just for this). I knew they would be very busy, so I got there before 8:00 this morning. Since I was in town(I have to drive about 25 miles to get into town), I decided to run a few other errands.
A new thing I have been trying is clipping coupons and checking out websites for ideas on good savings for groceries. So, I went to Target and got 6 bags of goldfish crackers and two bars of children's soap and paid $1.60 for all of it! Pretty good start to the day so far.
Then I went to Wal-Mart and got some things there. Of course, the kids are starving by now, so I find some cinnamon rolls on the day old bakery rake and buy a gallon of water and some cups. We ate this at the Subway inside Wal-Mart. I am so thankful they put that place in there. I got a couple bags of groceries here and left with sixty cents in my pocket.
Then off to Hastings where I just knew they would be interested in the used books I had and therefore I might have a little more pocket change. They weren't, but that's okay. Maybe next time. We went straight to the YMCA for some exercise time-basketball and volleyball and of course, this was enjoyed by all of us. We always enjoy playing games together. But about half way through our time there, my daughter slipped on the ball and hurt her tailbone and my son tripped and hurt his pinky. So, time to go.
Next, we catch the Friends of the library bookstore to drop off the books hastings didn't want. Unfortunately, we walked in and the lady said, we're closed. So I didn't get to check out their store yet again. They really have terrible hours. Back in the car and heading to Walgreens to pick up that cartridge.
Sounds too easy doesn't it. After about another hour and a half wait when we get there, come to find out the cartridge isn't any good any more. Go figure. So, I am home now and typing this, fixing to head to the library for some school time. Oh, my daughters decided two minutes after we got home to put the ant farms together that have been sitting on the shelf for months and then go hunt for ants. No bites yet.
My headache is pretty much gone, so I guess we will head to the library. Typical day for us. How about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment