WOW!!! Okay, I have to admit, I was a bit surprised to save this much. I have used coupons before, but never anything like this.My sister called me one day a few weeks ago and told me to check out a website called MoneySavingMom.com. That is where it all started. I figured it couldn't hurt to save a couple of dollars, especially since we have to buy groceries anyway! So, I started printing off coupons from the internet and buying the Sunday paper(I don't subscribe to any papers). It does take some time to go through the coupons and find the best deals, but that is where websites like MoneySavingMom come in. They find the best deals and let you know about them. This was my first trip after all the hard work of getting started. I think I did pretty good.
So here they are, my totals:
WalMart: Grocery Total was $80.40, Coupon Total was $47.75, Total I spent was $32.65
Target: Grocery Total was $21.41, Coupon Total was $12.10, Total I spent was $9.31
Albertson's: Grocery Total was $67.55, Coupon Total was $30.58, Total I spent was $36.97
Walgreens: Grocery Total was $23.98, Coupon Total was $20.00, Total I spent was $3.98
So all in all I spent $82.91 and saved $110.43! I just can't believe I saved more than I spent. I think I am going to enjoy this coupon thing!
Thanks so much MoneySavingMom (and sis for the idea)!
If you have a great coupon trip to tell, please share! I get excited about these things.
No comments:
Post a Comment