My son is attached to this book now. Never in a million years would I have guessed that my oldest son would take a liking to herbs. I have tried to teach the kids that doing things the "natural" way is better, but I am very new to the idea myself. I am slowly learning and to be honest I am sure now that my son is going to pass up my knowledge very soon.
If you are interested in herbs or someone you know is, this is a great book. It is written by Richard Mabey. The book contains lots of pictures, which is a great help. It explains many herbs and how to use them. It also tells how and when to plant them. It is a great resource.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note: My children(as well as their parents) were saddened somewhat this morning. Of course, you know why. Around here, Obama is not considered a great character. So when I got all the statements of negativity this morning, I decided to give a little talk. This is basically what I said. I do not like the thought of Obama being our new president either, but now that he is going to be, we have to trust that God has a plan. We have no idea what that plan is, but we should pray that God uses Obama for His glory. And I am a bit excited to see just how he does that.
Now, I am not saying everything is going to be peaches and cream. On the contrary, I don't believe it is. More likely, sometimes I will be thinking "How in the world is God going to bring good of this". But I do believe He is in control and He has a plan. So, hang on for the ride and don't forget to pray!
God bless you and God bless America!
No comments:
Post a Comment