Something I have noticed about the "world" lately is the simple manners that used to be commonplace are just no longer there. I am blessed to live in Texas and near a small town where please, thank you, yes ma'am, no ma'am, and the like are still quite commonplace. Although I will admit that among the younger people, including children, I don't see the manners I would like to.
In the "old" days, if a child did not show manners, they would be smacked upside the head. It seems that in our selfish times here in America, there are many that do not even think twice about manners. So, I want to ask if you say "thank you"? Saying "thank you" shows that you appreciate what someone has done for you. There are even times when I catch myself in such a hurry that I forget to say thank you.
To make this Monday special, I want to challenge you to say "thank you" as many times as possible today. See how you feel at the end of the day. Showing manners is humbling. This world could use more humble people. I am challenging myself and will do my best to keep count. I think I will challenge my kids as well. We'll see how they do.
Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment