Friday, November 7, 2008

Oh Happy Day!...

I apologize for not posting yesterday. Between taking my husband to and picking him up from work, as well as a dog to the vet for spaying (who threw up in the car on the way home-but that's a whole other story), home schooling, and just chores, I didn't have time for posting.
But I have been so eager to get on here!

Khristian, my second son, was baptized into Christ on Wednesday evening! The angels have been singing and the Lord is pleased. Of course, so are his mom and dad. There is a little story behind this and I want to share it with you. Last December, my oldest son decided he wanted to be baptized. My being new to the situation, I called a dear friend for some advice. Steven J. was baptized. My friend had a small booklet that she feels is good for young ones thinking on being baptized or newly baptized. So, I got the booklet from her.
My next two children were thinking on it as well, (I felt they may not quite be ready) so I gave them the booklet to read and answer. Khristian only went through about half the booklet and he took many days just to do that. I did not hear anything else from him, so I figured he wasn't ready.

Well, this past Sunday night he informed me he was ready. I talked to him and felt he was. I gave him the booklet Monday morning and told him I would like him to work on it. He could be baptized, but I wanted him to do the book as well. I want you to know that he finished the book in two hours on Monday morning, only taking one short break. Now for Khristian, that is a rare thing. He doesn't enjoy schoolwork much. I knew he was ready. Praise the Lord and now I have another brother in Christ!

Thanks for listening and I hope this is encouraging to someone out there. By the way, the name of the book is "Becoming a Christian" by Wayne Monroe. I have not been able to find it anywhere, that is why I had my friend make a copy and get it to me. If you are interested in it, please comment with contact info and we'll see if I can find a way to get you a copy.

God bless!

No comments: