Monday, November 3, 2008

To study our government...

I have to admit something here... government study is not my forte. I do not know much about our government and I choose not to stay glued to the t.v. with all the stuff going on. So, unfortunately, my children are not very apt on the processes of our government.

My kids do know that voting is very important and that taking time to find out about the candidates is important before you vote. I read about the candidates to find out where they stand on different subjects so that I will know which way I want to vote. I take my kids with me when I vote as well. That way, they at least are familiar with one process.

This year, I decided my kids needed to know a bit more, so I got online and downloaded a few things. We have discusses the three branches of gov't, a few facts about the position of the President, and the difference between minority and majority. We are going to study about the electoral votes and how voting has changed over the past. We also will follow the election.

So, even though they are not government junkies, they will at least be familiar with some of it. And I am hoping to become a bit more involved with more government issues and processes as the kids get older.

God bless and go vote!

1 comment:

heather said...

you mean we aren't going for Obama, I wonder if they'll let me change my vote? just kidding, ;)