Thursday, October 30, 2008

Prayer...

Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6,7

Throughout the day, I pray. I pray for things that seem small and things that seem too big. Even when I fail and do not take time to study the Word at some point during the day, I still pray. I can always find time to pray. Most of the time my prayers are short and to the point, but there are times when I pray for long periods. I enjoy talking to God. I also enjoy knowing that even when I cannot come up with the right words to let Him know what I want or need, the Spirit intercedes for me and God knows my heart, my wants and my needs.

During this last year, I believe I have felt God's peace more than ever in my life. It is strange to say that because this last year has been one of the hardest of my life. In that too, I know God is working. He knows how much I can handle and when I can handle it. I am not, in any way, saying that things are easy because of my having God. On the contrary, my belief in God makes things harder some times. But I do know that while God is with me, I can handle anything because He can handle it. There is such an awesome peace in knowing that. At times I forget that He is in control and the peace dwindles, but it doesn't take long for me to notice that something is missing and I give it all back to Him. I still tend to try to handle it all by myself once in a while. But I am learning.

My heart aches for those in this world who do not have that peace. You can see by their lives that they are hurting and wanting for something. It hurts even more when God is the one they need, they know it, and they choose not to follow Him. At that point prayer becomes the only tool for helping them.

It is also painful to see this nation move so far from God. We definitely need prayer as a nation. It is becoming even more evident as this election moves closer.

God bless.

No comments: