My children just love being around the horses! That is one of the perks of living in the country next to my parents. They have miniature horses, shetlands, and one full size. My children are becoming more and more comfortable with them. They, of course, love to feed them. That job in itself can be quite a challenge because when you feed one of them, they all come running and expect the same. Sometimes you find yourself being surrounded and cornered by horses! Yesterday, I was outside digging holes for my clothesline to be put up and noticed my youngest riding the full size horse! I was surprised she had the nerve to get on him. My second son was leading him with the lead rope and the horse is very accustomed to this, so I had no real worries. (Yes, I am the one that worries about all the things that could happen, my husband does not.) As a matter of fact, the horses have been great therapy for him(he has PTSD and depresssion).
My oldest son rides some, but is not as interested as my second son. He loves riding and has already been working on breaking on of the shetlands. Yes, he has been bucked. But he gets right back on.
My third child, a girl, also likes riding and is becoming more interested. She likes hugging and kissing and loving on them most of the time. She loves animals.
I remember when I was young and wished we had some horses on all this land my parents have, so I am very excited that my children get the chance to enjoy what I wished I had had. My parents also enjoy the horses so much and love watching the grandchildren with them.
God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment