I have tried to get the kids involved in community service over the years in different ways. Most of them do not work out for very long for some reason or another. Now that we have moved into the country, it is even harder to find something that doesn't cost a ton in gas. I read about a mother that took her children to the local nursing home to play the piano for the residents there. I decided to give this a try. Today is our first day! The kids will go this afternoon and for the first time, play the piano in front of an unknown audience. Now, I teach them piano myself and to be honest, I am having to refresh my own memory at the same time. So, they are not very far along. I am hoping the residents enjoy it anyway! To be honest, I think they just enjoy the company.
I will let you know how it goes. At this point, I am going to try to do this every other month. That way my kids get quite a bit of practice time in between.
Do you have any other ideas for community service? What have you tried and how did it work out? I'd love to hear about it!
God Bless!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Yesterday, Steven had a great day at work! Hoorah!
No comments:
Post a Comment