Today's book is one that my second son enjoyed so very much. Both of my sons chose to put off reading as long as they could! They just enjoyed life too much to want to sit down in front of a book. Since I home school, I gave them plenty of time to read at their own pace. Khristian(the second son) took longer than my first and I had a hard time finding any book he liked. I still do.
The first one he thoroughly enjoyed was "Shad of the Circle 'C' Ranch", an American Farm Series book by Anne Gustafson. This book is about a young boy learning how to do the jobs required on a ranch, such as caring for horses, rounding up cattle, earning his first saddle, and much more. It is a small chapter book with 11 chapters. Each chapter consists of around five pages. It is about the second grade level. My son read it in the third grade. If you have a young cowboy in your home that is giving you a hard time about reading, this book is great! It is also an interesting read for any boy.
There are two other books in the series(of which I just noticed were written in the front of the book) called "Tim of Tall Grain Farm" and "Frank of Irrigated Farm". I am ordering these off Amazon. My son would like to read them. He's now in the fifth grade, but I encourage any reading even if it is at a lower level.
God bless and happy reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment