Monday, October 13, 2008

A Turn of Events...

After my husband was dignosed with PTSD, we started looking at some things in his life that could be causing the problem to be worse. The first thing he said was, "my job". He has a very stressful job and the at this point in his life he just cannot handle the extra stress. So we began praying. I pray for God to bless him in his job each day. I was not sure what to pray exactly because he makes good money where he works and would be "hard put" to find the same money elsewhere. I also know that he enjoyed his job before they made him supervisor (shop foreman). I also know that the people he works with are not the best influence, but I am not sure he would ever find a job where there wouldn't be the bad influence.

My husband's walk with the Lord is fairly new and so, my prayer has been that God knows what he needs to do, so just please do it and help me make it through it. Well, over the past month, Steven has been seriously considering telling them to give him his old position back or he quits. Last Monday, the last cherry was added to his aggravation and he blew. Now, he controlled himself pretty well physically, but verbally he made it very clear that he was to be given his old job back or he was walking out.

That is how he received his unpaid week's vacation. (Even though no pay is going to hit us hard, he needed the time off.) His boss told him he could have his old job back and keep his pay(God's blessing!) and that he needed the week off to cool down. Steven is a very hard worker and the company would have lost if they had let him go.

So, today is his first day back and I am a little anxious to know how it goes. If any of you out there have some extra prayer time, we would greatly appreciate any prayers over this. I know the Lord is in control and I have such a peace in knowing that. But I am still a little anxious to see how this all works out.

God bless!

No comments: