I just finished reading "Once Upon a Summer", which starts another series of Janette Oke's. I admit that I liked "Love Comes Softly" better, but she has managed to grab my attention anyway. I will have to read on in this series as well.
Once Upon a Summer is about a nineteen year old girl who decides to head to the other side of the country for a teaching job. She has to learn how to care for herself on her own and how to live in a new part of the country. She quickly falls in love with her students and the country about her. She also falls in love with a "Mountie" along the way, but seeing as how this is based on "the olden days", there is nothing in the book that would cause a child to be unable to read it. As a matter of fact, Janette Oke's books do a fabulous job of showing the respect men and women should have for each other and the bond of marriage.
It is another book that I recommend highly.
-------------------------------------------------------------
On another note: Don't forget the FREE book I'm giving away!
Check out my past posts for the giveaway- you still have seven days!
Good luck!
God bless!
1 comment:
I love Janette Oke books! I've read them all, and there are only a couple that I didn't absolutely love, and that was just personal taste. I agree that "Once Upon a Summer" is a good read!
Post a Comment