Over the years, we have done a couple of things for Halloween. When my husband was in the military, we trick or treated on base. This was the safest place. We also trick or treated around the mall one year. When we moved back home, a very small town, we went around town to the people we know. I also started taking the kids to the carnival at the small school I attended as a child. Talk about bringing back memories. We have a blast there!
Now that we have moved out to the country, where I grew up, we just go to the carnival. I like this the better than trick or treating because you don't have to drive to the different houses(or walk). Everything is under one roof. The kids also have much more fun because they get to play games to win the candy. The one catch- this one costs money. You have to buy the tickets to play the games. It is 50 cents a ticket and the money goes to the school in this way- each class has a booth(It is a school of about 250 students K-12) and the tickets used at their booth are cashed in at the end of the night. That money goes to their class to be used as needed. I consider it a fun night out since my kids are home schooled.
Do you let your kids dress up? What do you let them wear? My rule is this- if it is something I consider of the devil, like a "witch" or the "grim reaper", or something evil like that, they are not allowed to wear it. I do let them choose otherwise. I think it is great to get to dress up fun and have a good time together as a family!
I would love to hear your thoughts on this! Please feel free to comment.
God bless!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE FREE BOOK! Find the info in my past posts.
Good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment