
Do your children ever argue? Okay, I probably already know the answer to that question. I have four and it seems that every day, at least two of them have decided to make the day "argument day". I have read about other families and how they deal with their children's arguing. I would try to implement their ideas, but I used to think that I must be not doing something right because it seemed every day at least one of them was just not being nice.
I have since discovered that is completely normal. You see, they do not argue all day(to clarify, there are a few times when it seems that is all they do) or about everything. They just disagree sometimes throughout the day. Yes, there are times when the disagreement gets out of control and usually it is over something so simple. But I have learned to watch them afterward and I cannot remember a time when any one of them held on to hateful feelings toward the other. I think that is a wonderful sign. They know how to forgive.
I have to think about my husband and his days at work. Even on a good day, he still has disagreements with one or two of his coworkers. Now they don't throw down or anything, but it is very difficult to always get along with everyone, all of the time. My hope is that my children will learn to respect and love those around them even through the disagreements.
So when your children are driving you crazy over the color of popsicle they want, just step back, take a deep breath and remember, "this too shall pass".
"Beloved let us love one another, for love is of God..." 1 John 4:7
May God bless you.
No comments:
Post a Comment