One of my brothers is leaving for Korea this morning. We got to spend some time together yesterday. My family is somewhat of a military family. My dad was in the navy. My oldest brother was also in the navy. My other brother is still in the army(the one going to Korea). One of my brothers-in-law was in the Air Force. And my husband was in the army. So you could say I know a little about military life. Corey, headed for Korea, is on my mind this morning. He has been in the military for almost ten years. He has been to Iraq twice and this is his second time to Korea. That's not including the other small tours. My husband was in for just over six years and also went to Korea and then Iraq(and other small tours).
The reason I wanted to write about "our military" this morning is because I think there are many people out there who do not understand how important it is to support and pray for these boys and girls. My husband now has PTSD(post traumatic stress syndrome) from Iraq mainly, and I see a lot of the same symptoms in my brother as well. Joining the military was a choice for both of them, and they are both proud to have served and be serving our country. But at the same time, they each are having a hard time with the emotions brought out from serving in a war. I know there are so many others like them. My point- pray for them. Whether or not the war is right, and no matter your feelings about the situation, PRAY for them. I am admonishing myself here extremely. I pray for my husband daily, but I do not pray for the other soldiers nearly enough.
These young men and women will come home and return to being a part of this society. They will have to try to live as normal of a life as possible. And believe it or not, this will be hard for a lot of them.
Okay, I will get off this "soap box". My heart had the need to share this. I do hope you will consider what I have said and add this to your prayer list.
Have a great week and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment