Patience.
That is a word that brings about quite a few different thoughts and emotions. For some, patience seems to come easily. For others, not so easily.
Last night, my husband joined me for a Wednesday night church service. That in itself is a miracle and blessing from God. We have been married for 13 years, and I don't remember him ever coming on Wednesday. I attend church regularly and have for our entire marriage. But I was brought up that way, and I believe that is what I need to do. He did not have the privilege I had of having a close relationship with the Lord from an early age.
I have prayed for him pretty much non-stop since the day we married. And I have to truthfully admit that there have been times when I just did not think he would ever care about having a relationship with God.
This is an area where God is teaching me some major patience. Very slowly, over the past few years, I have seen gradual changes in Steven. But sometimes it just seems things are not changing fast enough. I am amazed at the patience of God with mankind. How he doesn't just wipe us all off the face of the earth, I don't know.
I am writing this especially for those out there who are dealing with the same situation. Don't give up. Don't stop praying. Give it completely to God(it took some years for me to really do this one). Only He has enough patience to deal with it. But He can give you the patience you need on a "daily" basis.
I do hope I am more patient than I used to be. I still pray daily for God's help because I just know that without His help, I am more likely to yell, get upset, or just have a bad day. He gets me through and I am constantly watching out for those little signs that He is working in my life and those around me. When I see those signs, I know that He is with me and His patience is complete.
Romans 5:3,4 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope...
No comments:
Post a Comment