Any other writing moms out there? I really enjoy writing. I do not make enough time for it. About a year or so ago, I finished a course from the Chilren's Institute that taught me some about writing for children. I have a wonderful friend who finished the course as well and we have critiqued each others work. Both of us are quite secretive about this writing thing and do not share our work with others easily. But we trust each other and are great friends, so that helped.
To be honest, neither one of us knew the other was taking the course. So, her opinion of my work is- "It's very good." I have also been told by a few others that my writing is good. So, why is it that I have such a hard time believing that something could come of this "gift" of mine. I do believe it is a gift and I should use it for some purpose. I am just not sure what that is yet. I have been sending submissions to magazines, but do not have anything published yet.
The advice I mostly hear and read is to not give up. I am trying hard to listen to that advice.
It would be a great blessing to hear from any other moms going through a similar situation. Please feel free to comment!
God bless!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
My first GIVE AWAY! A FREE BOOK!
On a different note, tomorrow is Wednesday's Book of the Week and I will be announcing a giveaway (free book)! So come back tomorrow for all the details!
No comments:
Post a Comment