Friday, September 26, 2008

Making Hand Soap...

Yesterday, my daughter pulled out the soap making kit that had been given to us last Christmas. She has pulled it out quite a few times and I always say, "we'll do it another time when I have more time to do it" or something like that. Which explains why we've had it so long and it still isn't done.
This time, I decided we'd do it. I prepared myself for the huge mess that was going to be made and we got started. All in all, it took about 25 minutes and the mess was easily wiped up on the counter. Boy, was I surprised. The girls had a fabulous time! My youngest daughter took her soap to her Granny and my oldest daughter put hers in the kid's bathroom to use.
This was a prepared kit, so I don't have home made instructions for it. I am pretty sure you can find these at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. They made the liquid soap that comes out of a pump container, not the bar soap.

Anyway, my Family Day Friday idea is this. Do you have any crafts that have been taking up space on a shelf, in the floor, or anywhere else. Make today the day that you choose to do one of them (or more) with your kids. You may be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is. And if it is a big mess, just think of all the fun you're having!

God bless!
-----------------------------------------------------------
5 days left in the book giveaway! Look for the post in my past posts section for the details.

No comments: