I am posting a little late as I received a call at 4:00 in the morning that one of my husband's aunts passed away.
For a lot of people, it seems Mondays are just not the best days. Having to get started back to your schedule is hard for some after the weekend. So I am going to try to post some way to make Mondays a little better for you and for me. (I am one of those that tends to be a little slow getting started on a schedule again after two days off.)
After receiving the call in the middle of the night, I did some thinking. Steven couldn't sleep, so he went on to work. We knew his aunt would pass at some time(she has been battling cancer), but I think we were both a bit surprised that it was this quickly. When someone passes, there are so many things that can go through your mind, but I think the most common is that it reminds us of how very short life really is. Not a one of us has a gaurantee of tomorrow. The Bible is very clear on the point that we should live one day at a time and make each moment count. I have missed quite a lot of moments. When something like this happens, I become a little more determined to do my best not to miss any more of those moments.
So, my way of making my Monday better is this: I am going to call all my children together and tell them that I love them and then name something special about each one of them. I will then hug each one. Now, we give hugs and say "I love you" regularly in our house, so this won't be anything unique. But we don't often enough tell each other something specific that we like about each other.
It is funny that something so simple can brighten your day. Tell someone what it is you like about them, whether it is that they are kind, hard working, honest, or whatever. Everyone likes to hear positive feedback. Not only will you make their day, you just might make yours as well.
May God bless you.
No comments:
Post a Comment