I have mentioned this book before, but I want to add it to the Book of the Week list. In actuality, it is six books in all. The series is The Love Comes Softly Series by Janette Oke. The first book is Love Comes Softly and by far my favorite of the series. I came across this book, checked it out from the library, and proceeded to read it in two nights. I am bad about doing that. If I find a book I simply get caught up in, I just won't put it down. Sleepless nights.
Back to the book. The first one is about a young woman who loses her husband while traveling to a new part of the country. She has no choice but to marry a widower with a small child from the local town. They go through some very tought times, but have a respect for each other. Through time, they fall in love- softly(hence the name of the book). Janette Oke does a magnificent job of drawing you into the characters. The books go on in the series to tell you about the struggles and good times of the couple as well as their children. I am on the last book now.
These books are set in the "Little House on the Prairie" days. I have decided to add these to the required reading list for my girls in the future. I think they would make great reading for teenage ladies looking for wholesome reading.
On a side note, movies have been made of these books, but in my opinion, do a poor job of telling the story. I suggest reading the books instead.
May God bless you and happy reading!
1 comment:
I really love this Janette Oke book series but to the contrary I think the Hallmark movies are very good, too.
Post a Comment